Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League
Welcome to the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League.
In today's hectic enviornment we know how hard it is for couples and friends to find the time to put together a round of golf. This is the reason why the Club was formed.
We are a "golf around league" designed for the weekend golfer, both men and women of all abilities, playing throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland in Surrey, Delta, Port Coquitlam and Aldergrove. Whether you are a seasoned golfer or a weekend duffer, our league is for you.
Our mission is to provide Men and Women of various abilities the opportunity to play together amid a friendly atmosphere on a bi-weekly basis. Our outings are designed for the average golfer who wants to get out and play golf on a regular basis to improve their game, play in a tournament setting and meet and socialize with other golfers.
2013 will be our 6th season of operation with a schedule of 15 tournaments for the year beginning on April 7th 2013 playing every second Sunday throughout the year until the first Sunday of October. These tournaments are held on a variety of courses, from the smaller Executive style to the full size courses in the Vancouver area including Surrey, Delta, Port Coquitlam and Aldergrove. All of the selected courses are player friendly to ensure that players of all abilities will have an enjoyable day.
Our goal is to build and improve upon our five year success to make Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League one of the premiere golf around leagues in British Columbia.
Even though our main objective is to have fun we will throw in a competitive aspect to the Club to make it interesting, with two Divisions based on handicaps we will declare two Club Champions at the end of the year.
Members can pick and choose which tournaments to play or play them all. The schedule with all the courses, times and costs is be posted for everyone's convenience.
If you are looking for a golf around league mixed golf league then join the Par 2 Birdie Mixed League today!
To make the season more equitable for all levels of players we have the following format:
- Each weeks Tournament will be split into 2 equally numbered Divisions based on the handicaps of the Players entered with each Division winner being awarded the weeks winners pot. In the event of a tie our tie-breaking system will be used.
- All Tournaments that have 30 plus entries will be split into 3 seperate Divisions giving more players the opportunity to win.
- The Maximum score per hole will be eliminated, each player will play and record all shots on each hole.
- The Maximum handicap for each player will be eliminated, each player will play to their Handicap Index regardless of the number.
- After each round all players will be split into a Mens and Ladies Division for the purpose of awarding each weeks points. All points will be determined by the Net Scores of each player. All ties will receive the same points, ie. if 2 players tie for low net they both will receive the 25 points allotted for top spot.
- The Player of the Year Award for both Men and Ladies will be determined by the total of their best 9 point getting weeks, starting with the April 7th tournament and ending on August 8th, a total of 12 tournaments.
- The Club Champions will be determined by a 2 round total Net Score format to be played on weeks 13 and 14.
- The final week of the season will be a team "fun" format with prizes awarded, no points for this tournament. The Awards Banquet will be held after the round.
The league format will consist of 2 "Divisions", based on a players handicap, the winners of each division will receive cash prizes based on the number of players entered each week. Scoring will be based on Metal play with handicaps, the low net score will determine the winners. A point system will be used to award all players with points at each tournament based on their final position. The end of the year point totals will determine our "Player of the Year", with a Mens and Ladies Champion crowned. To qualify for any of the end of year Awards a Member must have competed in at least 9 tournaments throughout the year. We also provide additional "side competitions" for all members to enter each week at their own discretion. These competitions include KP's, Skins and Dueces. Each one is awarded cash prizes.
Golf League Schedule
Tournaments are held every 2nd Sunday (with a few exceptions) from April to October . The 2013 season will consist of 15 events at various courses throughout the Lower Mainland. Our course selection will include both Full size and Executive courses to provide all players, regardless of ability, the opportunity to compete each week. Our course list includes: Surrey Golf Club, Guildford Golf Club, Coyote Creek, Carnoustie, Delta Golf Club, and the Poppy Estate Golf Club.
2013 Calendar of Events
Simpy click the desired date and tournament and it will take you to the tournament sign up page.
Golf League Memberships
Membership fees will be $50 a year, which gives you the following benefits:
- Website tournament booking, confirm your spot with a click of the mouse.
- Pre-scheduled events and times.
- End of the year Awards Banquet.
- Weekly tournament results posted on the website.
- Handicaps and individual stats.
- Weekly cash prizes from green fee costs.
An online Registration Form is available to print out and submit for Memberships.
About the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League
For the background on how the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League was started and the people running the league, see our About Us page.
Hole in One Prize
Men's Hole in One Prize will be sponsored by the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League.
Ladies Hole in One Prize will be sponsored by Accrete Web Solutions.
A prize of $ 300.00 will be awarded to the first man and woman to get a Hole in One for the season.
Membership for our each of our first five years has been around 30-40 golfers, however, we would still like to improve on this. If you know of anyone interested please encourage them to join our Club.
Special Invitations to the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League Members
Eagles Golf Club Hawaii
The Eagles Golf Club in Hawaii has invited any Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League members travelling to Hawaii to join them for a round of golf. This exclusive golf club is made up of members range from 36 to 66 years in age. Their official home course is Mililani Golf Club (from Waikiki to Mililani is approximately 40 minutes and 30 minutes from Downtown Honolulu). Their golf tournament schedule for 2008 and 2009 is posted. When contacting them, mention Zane extended the invitation.
Just Fore Fun Golf
Just Fore Fun Golf has extended an invitation to Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League members to take part in their meetup group. They play different courses and have Thursday night Driving Range meetups.