Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League
Welcome to the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League.
In today's hectic enviornment we know how hard it is for couples and friends to find the time to put together a round of golf. This is the reason why the Club was formed.
We are a "golf around league" designed for the weekend golfer, both men and women of all abilities, playing throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland in Surrey, Delta, Port Coquitlam and Aldergrove. Whether you are a seasoned golfer or a weekend duffer, our league is for you.
Our mission is to provide Men and Women of various abilities the opportunity to play together amid a friendly atmosphere on a bi-weekly basis. Our outings are designed for the average golfer who wants to get out and play golf on a regular basis to improve their game, play in a tournament setting and meet and socialize with other golfers.
2014 will be our 7th season of operation with a schedule of 15 tournaments for the year beginning on April 13th 2014 playing every second Sunday throughout the year until October 19th. These tournaments are held on a variety of courses, from the smaller Executive style to the full size courses in the Vancouver area including Surrey, Delta, Port Coquitlam and Aldergrove. All of the selected courses are player friendly to ensure that players of all abilities will have an enjoyable day.
Our goal is to build and improve upon our five year success to make Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League one of the premiere golf around leagues in British Columbia.
Even though our main objective is to have fun we will throw in a competitive aspect to the Club to make it interesting, with three Divisions based on handicaps we will declare three Club Champions at the end of the year.
Members can pick and choose which tournaments to play or play them all. The schedule with all the courses, times and costs is be posted for everyone's convenience.
If you are looking for a golf around league mixed golf league then join the Par 2 Birdie Mixed League today!
To make the season more equitable for all levels of players we have the following format:
- Each weeks Tournament will be split into 3 Divisions based on the handicaps of the Players with each Division winner being awarded the weeks top points. In the event of a tie our tie-breaking system will be used.
- Each week will be a different playing format including Individual events, 2 person teams, 4 person teams, Best Ball and Scramble events.
- The Maximum score per hole will be double par on all stroke play events, players will pick up their ball after double par is scored.
- The Maximum handicap for each player will be 80% of their Course Handicap.
- After each round all players will receive points based on their order of finish for all events.
- The Player of the Year Award for each Division will be determined by the total number of points accumulated during the year. Points will be earned from the April 13th tournament up to and including the August 24th tournament for a total of 11 Tournaments.
- The Club Champions will be determined by a 3 round Net Score format to be played on weeks 12, 13 and 14. The best 2 out of 3 scores will be added together to determine the winners.
- The final week of the season will be a team "fun" format with prizes awarded, no points for this tournament. The Awards Banquet will be held after the round.
The league format will consist of 3 "Divisions", based on the players handicaps, the winners of each division will receive Trophies at the end of the year. Scoring will vary and depend on the playing format used. A point system will be used to award all players with points at each tournament based on their final position. The end of the year point totals will determine our "Player of the Year", in each of the 3 Divisions. To qualify for any of the end of year Awards a Member must have competed in at least 9 tournaments throughout the year. We also provide additional "side competitions" for all members to enter each week at their own discretion. These competitions include KP's, Net Skins and Dueces. Each one is awarded cash prizes at the end of each Tournament.
Golf League Schedule
Tournaments are held every 2nd Sunday (with a few exceptions) from April to October . The 2014 season will consist of 15 events at various courses throughout the Lower Mainland. Our course selection will include both Full size and Executive courses to provide all players, regardless of ability, the opportunity to compete each week. Our course list includes: Surrey Golf Club, Guildford Golf Club, Coyote Creek, Carnoustie, Delta Golf Club, and the Poppy Estate Golf Club.
2014 Calendar of Events
Simpy click the desired date and tournament and it will take you to the tournament sign up page.
Golf League Memberships
Membership fees will be $125 a year, which gives you the following benefits:
- Website tournament booking, confirm your spot with a click of the mouse.
- Pre-scheduled events and times.
- End of the year Awards Banquet.
- Weekly tournament results posted on the website.
- Handicaps and individual stats.
- Trophies for all Tournament winners.
- Official Club Golf shirt.
An online Registration Form is available to print out and submit for Memberships.
About the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League
For the background on how the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League was started and the people running the league, see our About Us page.
Hole in One Prize
Men's and Ladies Hole in One Prize will be sponsored by the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League.
A prize of $ 300.00 will be awarded to the first man and woman to get a Hole in One for the season.
Membership for our each of our first five years has been around 30-40 golfers, however, we would still like to improve on this. If you know of anyone interested please encourage them to join our Club.
Special Invitations to the Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League Members
Eagles Golf Club Hawaii
The Eagles Golf Club in Hawaii has invited any Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League members travelling to Hawaii to join them for a round of golf. This exclusive golf club is made up of members range from 36 to 66 years in age. Their official home course is Mililani Golf Club (from Waikiki to Mililani is approximately 40 minutes and 30 minutes from Downtown Honolulu). Their golf tournament schedule for 2008 and 2009 is posted. When contacting them, mention Zane extended the invitation.
Just Fore Fun Golf
Just Fore Fun Golf has extended an invitation to Par 2 Birdie Mixed Golf League members to take part in their meetup group. They play different courses and have Thursday night Driving Range meetups.