Club Rules and Regulations
Below are our mixed golf league rules and regulations.
Golf League Membership
- Membership in the league shall be open and available to both Men and Women.
- Membership shall be for a period of one (1) year expiring on December 31st of any calendar year.
- Each member of the league shall receive all benefits obtained by the Organizing Committee.
- All membership fees and dues shall be established by the Committee as they deem adequate to operate and maintain the league.
- The Organizing Committee will decide any situations not covered by the Club Format.
- By applying for membership, each member agrees to play with everyone in the club roster.
Golf Club Rules
Unless specified otherwise, R.C.G.A. Rules will be in effect.
- Handicap calculations will follow R.C.G.A. quidelines.
If a player has an established handicap that handicap will be allowed.
If not, the Callaway System will be used for the first 3 rounds after which a handicap will be issued.
- It has been decided that, since we have a lot of beginner players at the moment, everyone will be using their true handicap to give everyone a fair chance at winning a tournament.
Golf Tournament Sign Up
- All members who confirm to play in a tournament will be required to pay the cost unless sufficient notice is given prior to the tournament and a substitute can be found to fill the space.
- Any player who does not show up on a tournament day without informing the club in advance will be required to pay the tournament costs prior to the start of their next confirmed date.
- All tournaments will be played as scheduled regardless of weather conditions, unless the host course cancels due to unplayable conditions.
- Each Tournament's flight schedule will be posted on the website on the Thursday before the Tournament. All players are required to be at the Course a minimum of 1/2 hour before the first scheduled tee time.
- Confirmations and special requests for all Tournaments will have a deadline of 7 days prior to the Tournament date (the Sunday before the Tournament). After this time anyone wishing to play will only be added if a vacant spot is available.
- A signup sheet will be available at all Tournaments for members to signup for any Tournaments in advance.
- Women will use the Red or designated Ladies tees.
- Men will use the back tees on all the Executive courses and the White tees on the Full Length courses unless otherwise specified.
Maximum Score Per Hole
- There will be a Maximum score of double par per hole.
Lost Ball Rule
If the ball is hit in a hazard, or cannot be found, the player must drop another ball in the approximate position the ball was thought to be in. A (1) one stroke penalty will be assesssed.
For pace of play, hit a provisional ball if you think your ball went Out Of Bounds, as designated by the white stakes. If you find your original ball in bounds you can pick up your provisional ball and continue play with no penalty.
If no provisional ball is played and you find that your ball is out of bounds, play your next shot from the approximate spot the ball went out of bounds with a (2) two stroke penalty. For speed of play do not return to the tee.
Pace of Play
Speed of play is important, allow only 2 minutes to look for a lost ball. Keep pace with the group in front of you.
- All members will be divided into 2 Divisions.
- Each Tournament will be either metal play format, with Net scores (Gross score - handicap) or Team Events being used to determine the final standings.
- A Point System will be used to award each player with points for any given tournament. At the completion of the 14th Tournament 1 player in each division will be awarded the Player of the Year Title for their division, based on their best 9 point getting weeks for the 14 Tournaments.
- The weekly point system in each division as shown by the example, points
are doubled for Major Tournaments.
Division & Points Per Place MENS DIVISION LADIES DIVISION 1st place 20 pts. 1st place 20 pts. 2nd place 16 pts. 2nd place 16 pts. 3rd place 13 pts. 3rd place 13 pts. 4th place 10 pts. 4th place 10 pts. 5th place 8 pts. 5th place 8 pts. 6th place 6 pts. 6th place 6 pts. 7th place 4 pts. 7th place 4 pts. 8th place to last 2 pts. 8th place to last 2 pts.
Tie Breaking System
- A tie-breaking system will be used to determine positions in the event of a tie score.
- The tie-breaking system used is as follows:
- Last nine hole score minus handicap (if still tied)
- Last six hole score minus handicap (if still tied)
- Last three hole score minus handicap (if still tied)
- 18th hole score minus handicap.
A best 2 out of 3 rounds total Net score format will be used to determine a Men's and Ladies Club Champion.
- All cash prizes will be paid out at the completion of the round. If a player is not present to accept their prize it will be adjusted on their next tournament green fees.
- An optional prize pot will be available for each tournament, members can enter all or some of the categories. The costs will be "Skins" (net score) $5.00, KP'S (2 Mens and 2 Ladies) $3.00, Deuces $2.00.
- Note: In a Team Event the prize pots will be a Team entry, in this case
the entire Team must be entered to qualify.
Total of Skins pot collected divided by 18 holes will determine the value of each hole. If a player has the 1 and only low score for the hole he/she will receive a skin and the value of the hole. If no one wins a hole outright it will be carried over to the next hole untill someone wins. Example: No one has the low score for the first 5 holes, these are all carried over to the 6th hole. Jane Doe records the low score on that hole therefore she wins "6 skins".
Closest to the pin on the designated Par 3 holes on their tee shots only. The KP holes will be announced prior to the start of each round, 2 for the Men and 2 for the Women. The KP pot will be shared by each winner.
The duece pot will be divided among all members who record a net 2 on any hole. In the event that no one records a duece that day the pot will carry over to the next round.
It is the responsibility of each member to review these club rules and regulations before signing up and to check them for changes.